What Is Affiliate Marketing About, Exactly?
You are here to learn the step-by-step guide to Affiliate Marketing and why it still remains a gold mine to date. Affiliate Marketing is the process of making money through a commission by promoting other people’s goods, services, and company’s products?
It is simple, you look for a product you liked, when you promote such product to others and you earn commission at an agreed percentage for each sale that you make.
I love affiliate marketing, it is something I have been pushing and trading for a while now. I have seen this industry-changing gradually from just promoting products into a regular name that is now everywhere.
What Is The Pros And Cons Of Affiliate Marketing
You are probably an individual who is seriously thinking about affiliate marketing and want to know about the future and trend of affiliate marketing in the years to come.
I will be elaborating on where affiliate marketing is going, why you need to become an affiliate marketer and why affiliate marketing remains a goldmine.
Your question might be any of the following: is there a future in affiliate marketing business? Will I continue to make money as an affiliate marketer in the next 20 years?
Is Affiliate Marketing space choked up already? Is there still enough space for you to become an affiliate marketer? One of the most lucrative businesses online is the affiliate marketing business today.
It has been predicted that affiliate marketing business will grow to over $20 billion over the next five years. Affiliate marketing is now very key and important to all kind of business in every region, country and cities.
Advantages of Affiliate Marketing
All you required is just a website, and Affiliate marketing can be done without any websites.
Therefore it is the fastest and best way to start working from home via the Internet.
- Wholesalers/Company (Owners of the products) have access to wide varieties of people to distribute and sell products and service for them.
- Product Owners have easy access to customers without any cost
- The company has easy and free access to customers/clients buying intent and behavior (Buying statics can easily be tracks and analyzed); these data/statistics will guide and help on how to reshape and remodel the products for future and better profitability of the company.
- It is a natural way of making money from products of the various company without getting involved in the production on the side of the publishers (website and blog owners)
- No additional investment is required to become an affiliate marketer; you can even become an affiliate marketer without a website these days.
- Affiliate marketer does not need to get involved in customer support after any purchase; it is the merchant’s headache, therefore no additional cost to the websites owners.
- Affiliate Marketer can promote as many products as he or she likes. Moreover, there is no limit to the number of merchants to do business with. The more company/merchant products you deal with, the more money you will make as a blogger or website owners.
- Affiliate Marketing is an easy way to make any products or company recognized online; since many affiliates can start broadcasting such products and service to the nook and corners of the Internet.
Disadvantages of Affiliate Marketing
- An excellent and honest affiliate marketer can easily promote bad products launched by the merchant; this is why it is recommended that products should be tested before any marketer start promotion (This is not feasible all the time)
- Affiliate Marketers may employ a deceptive method of promotion of the products for quick sales; this can damage the reputation of such merchant.
- Some company/distributors/merchant can stop the production and sales of products without appropriate communication with the affiliate marketers.
- Some products owners do drop the commission percentage without appropriate informing the affiliates
- Fraudsters can manipulate and take over affiliate marketer websites to hijack and steal and change affiliate links.
Affiliate Marketing 101 – Step-By-Step Break Down Of Affiliate Marketing
You know now that affiliate marketing is a process of promoting another company’s products, services so as to earn a good commission in return.
There are lots of affiliate programs all over the Internet that you can join so as to earn a commission based on percentage.
Affiliate marketing is a middleman business, as an affiliate marketer you are to connect the advertiser i.e. the products and services and the consumer.
You are the connector of these two parties i.e. you link Products and services to Consumer with your link.
BUYERS => AFFILIATE LINK => BUYS PRODUCT OR SERVICES => EARNINGS $$
It is a bit more complex than the above, but this is what affiliate marketing is all about graphically speaking.
You have to identify a niche or an area of interest, create a website so as to start solving people problem as related to that your interest area.
Then you will start attracting traffics so as for people to know you have solutions to their problem and start making money by sending them (through your affiliate link) to where they can buy goods, books or services as relating to the problem you are trying to solve.
This business model has been proven to be working for ages and it will remain to be working for several years to come.
Step By Step Beginners Guides To Affiliate Marketing | YouTube
Importance Of Affiliate Marketing To Companies
If you are a good company with an online presence in this age at this moment and you don’t have an affiliate program, you are indeed not going to go far.
Have you been wondering the number of people that have access to the Internet?
More than 3.6 billion now have access to the Internet as of June 2016, compare the total Internet user of fewer than 750 million people across the world as at the year 2000. What is the implication of the above?
The trend of Internet user will climb up and more and more people will dive in and if you are considering making money through the Internet, this is the time to start something real and authentic and risk-free.
Indeed a lot of companies and advertisers are now investing over 15% of their marketing budget in their affiliate marketing programs so as to boost their online sales.
eBay and Amazon are great examples of companies that have leveraged on using an affiliate program to grow their business exponentially.
Is it not better to engage millions of affiliate marketers than to employ a sales executive that must be paid a lot of money to function? And these sales executives cannot achieve what affiliate program will achieve.
Amazon employs the use of Amazon Associate to organize their affiliate program to market over 470 million products. Affiliate marketing model works and it is here to stay. More companies need you and others to dive in and start making money online.
Changes In Globalisation And Affiliate Marketing
The following are what you must be aware of before you venture into an affiliate marketing business
Exponential Growth Of Affiliate Marketing
It is projected that the affiliate marketing industry is going to be worth over $7.5 billion by 2021; also over 8,000 marketers attend Affiliate Marketer Summit conference twice yearly. Affiliate Marketing is growing so very rapidly and the revenue growth in this sector is also growing at an exceptionally faster rate.
Brands And Company Not Built Around Affiliate Marketing May Fail
Major brands that are doing exceptionally great today are built around affiliate marketing.
Company or brands such as Barneys New York, Etsy, Net-A-Porter, Best Buy, Agent Provocateur, HP, Liberty London, Apple, and Amazon just to name a few.
Without affiliate marketing, these companies’ share of marketing online would have been a minute one.
The emergence of Many New Affiliate Program
Several companies are coming up with an affiliate program to remain relevant in online business. The essence is to improve revenue generation and increase their online presence.
There are over 40 affiliates network that linked the affiliate marketers or publishers to the advertisers. Affiliates programs are uncountable and they are everywhere online.
You can check out my number one affiliate marketing program, they are the best in the world.
Numerous Products You Can Promote as An Affiliate
Kyle One of the founder of Wealthy Affiliate made mentions that “ there are over 500 million products you can promote online”. And we still have other online and offline services with great affiliate programs.
Rapid Growth in Online Retail and Shopping
A lot of people are now moving towards purchasing their good and service online now, personally, I knew most of the pricing are better off online than offline.
It is also fun to purchase goods and service online when you realize that an affiliate is benefiting from every purchase done online.
It is good to know the following in respect of the current event on an online purchase:
- 55% of Americans shops online
- 98% of Americans have made a purchase online in their lifetime and 85% in the last month.
- 43% of small business owners in American have no website
- Year on year growth of Internet user in the US is 19%
- People ordering goods and services online increase in Q3 of 2016 by 10%
This trend will definitely continue.
Free Download of KPMG Report – The Truth About Online Consumer i.e. 2017 Global Online Consumer Report
Affiliate Marketing Is Here To Stay
With all my stories about the growth and expansion of affiliate marketing, it is evidence that affiliate marketing is here to stay.
You must know that most sales online these days is affiliated with an affiliate marketer. For instance, if you are making a purchase through the Miniinthebox through any site, you are actually been directed to the main site via an affiliate link.
My point is that you don’t need to be scared, be rest assured that you are in for a long time business if you start set to become an affiliate marketer today.
What is Affiliate Marketing And Why It Is Still A Goldmine | Video Explain
Wealthy Affiliate – Best Affiliate Marketing Training for Beginners
What do you think of this step-by-step guide to Affiliate Marketing and why it still remains a gold mine to date?
Can you see how people are making a lot of money online? Do you want to start right now? The ball is in your court!
Wealthy Affiliate is an e-learning platform that will teach you the rudiment of making money online with your hubbies via affiliate marketing.
You will be though to identify your area of interest called niche market, you will also identify the various needs in your niche, you will learn and create your own website as relating to your niche.
You will be thought how to drive traffics i.e. how to get people to view your website and finally, you will learn how to monetize your website so that you can start making money as an affiliate marketer.
You have seen the step-by-step guide to Affiliate Marketing, this is how you can share out of this gold mine rush online.
You can start with a free trial or join a premium program with an opportunity to have 50 websites that will be hosted for you.
The premium is the best option for me because your websites will have SSL encryption; you will have access to a community of affiliate that is ready to help you resolve any issue 24/7 online. You will have access to the owners (Carson and Kyle).
A free trial will earn you two free website with hosting for life but you only have access to beginner course.
What is your thought of my article on the step-by-step guide to Affiliate Marketing and why it still remains a gold mine? Please drop your comment below. I will get back to you ASAP.