PayPal seems to be the ubiquitous name that crops up when you think of online payment services. The name is synonymous with online payments, as they spearheaded this movement and are still going strong even today.
But the obvious choice need not necessarily be the right one for you. It all depends on your business needs, the features, the rates and so on.
PayPal is a great online payment solution that you can use and people are still using today. But you can also choose from a wide array of alternatives that can be found today.
This article is all about top online payment alternatives to PayPal. It will allow you to take your venture to the next level knowing that you have more options and power at your fingertips with PayPal alternatives.
When considering what alternatives to PayPal, there’s good news. The online payment-processing scenario just got many an alternative to the behemoth PayPal.
Here’s a rundown of some of these alternative market players, the latest on the block. Check out if they fit you.
Amazon Payments is a trusted solution and a good alternative to PayPal. You can be using your familiar login to transact and identify right away.
This type of online payment will allow you to increase conversions right away. This is the checkout experience that your customers have been looking for.
Amazon Payments will complete the transactions right on your site. This type of online payment solutions can be easily integrated with your CRM system right away.
Amazon Payments is also evolving on an ongoing basis, so you will manage to meet the needs of your customers as soon as possible.
YouTube Video Review of Amazon Payments
Dwolla is truly the ideal API so you can move money right away. This is the API that you need to used to integrate the payment process into your app.
This will help you to keep your customer happy at all times. You can be able to verify the bank accounts of your customers in no time, manage customers, and facilitate any bank transfer.
You can be cutting your implementation to just a fraction of the time, and you will not have to cut corners over time. You can also receive dedicated integration.
YouTube Video Review of Dwolla
Braintree is the all-in-one payment partner that you need to use today. This app will allow you to take your business opportunities to the next level. You can manage to grow your revenue in a better way with Braintree today.
Braintree will give you all the support you need to integrate online payments into your business as soon as possible. This is the PayPal service that you should partner within no time.
Getting a seamless checkout experience is easy with this amazing service. Getting top-tier support at all times is easy with Braintree by your side.
YouTube Video Review of Braintree Payment Set-Up
Square will work for every business out there. If you need to sell fast, Square is for you. You can accept credit cards right away, anywhere with Square.
You can get a free reader upon signing up, which is truly cool. You can use your smart device and Square to swipe cards right away. You can even take NFC and chip cards payments with the newest reader from Square today.
You can even turn your iPad into any point of sale by slipping the unit into the famous Square Stand. You can get know what you pay, but you will also get paid fast with Square.
YouTube Video Review of Square Payment System
Skrill is an international and global payment system formally called Moneybookers. Skrill has been around since 2001 making a secure payment. Skrill helps in driving business for many online businesses worldwide.
Skrill is based and operates from the United Kingdom, The company is own by Skrill Limited, Skrill Limited is registered as a Money Service Business in the UK.
Skrill focuses and promotes low-cost fund transfer online for international business between one region and the others.
As a Skrill subscriber or members, you are free to hold your funds in any currencies of your choice, but you must stick to one I.e. it is either you stick with Pound Sterling, Dollar or GBP.
If you drive high volume transaction, you will be offer premium option and refer to as Skrill VIP. This status will earn you better features in securing your funds.
The only negativity as relating to Skrill is that the support is not so great and there are a lot of customer complaint.
YouTube Video Introduction to Skrill Payment
What You Should Know About Skrill Payment System
• Quick registration and verification of account
• Charges only for sending money, not receiving it
• There are no cross-border transaction fees
• Encourages gambling, offering promotions
• However, few merchants on the platform
YouTube Video of How to Use Skrill to Receive Payment Online
• Simple design and uncomplicated functionalities
• Free payment gateway for accepting payments
• The world famous Google brand is trustworthy
• Automatic transfer of money
• Fastest payment platform; faster turnaround time for transferring funds into account, within 24 hours
• Ease of receiving or making payments
• More profitable; better conversion rates and exchange rates
• Smooth withdrawals, without any manual process
• High daily withdrawal limits, offering a good alternative to PayPal
• Free sign up
• Offers Bitcoin services, so you can exchange your funds into Bitcoins
• Prepaid Mastercard available for using a credit card, so you can withdraw funds from ATMs
• Accepting Bitcoin payments and sending Bitcoin payments to other users of Payza
• Comes with an Android app
• Biggest competitor to PayPal, with a huge chunk of the market share
• Though the base fee is the same 2.9% plus 30 cents, PayPal adds other service fees
• Refund, International cards, Authorize card and Recurring bill are free; American Express and Micropayments of below $10 are charged at a flat rate
• It offers advanced protection against fraud for free
• Accepts Apple Pay for Free and is a good alternative to PayPal
• However, it takes more days for paying out, so if accessing funds fast is your priority, it could be a problem
• Stable and Secure platform
• Australian based. Great option for sellers in Australia or New Zealand to receive money from other countries, with a small fee
• Few sellers offering Paymate
• Offers multiple modes of payment, such as cards, Netbanking, RTGS and NEFT with competitive rates
• Ease of use
• Secure, cloud-based platform with free upgrades
• Earlier known as Streamline and is a worldwide payment platform, an original processing platform started way back in 1994
• Huge number of international clients
• Offers additional value-adding services, like loyalty programs, ATM service, and gift cards
• Lower processing rates, but there are some cancellation fees
• Outdated interface
• Reliable and stable platform, very few number of failed payments
• Most major credit cards from all countries accepted
• Customization options available for checkout and sign up
• Ensures protection against fraud with the use of sound risk management techniques
• Quick payments enabled seamlessly
• Compatible with Android Pay/Apple Pay
• Direct bank transfer available
• Users must enter details of credit and debit cards
• Reasonable fees for service. Discounted fees for eBay sellers
• Easy online signup
• Credit card information can be saved in case of recurrent billings and services
• It is an integrated network, coordinating sales through PayPal, WorldPay, Google Checkout and others. It accepts credit cards as well as PayPal, Skrill, Google Checkout accounts.
• Affiliate tracking features
• Excellent tools for sales reporting, so good alternative to PayPal
• Ideal for improving sales tactics
• Allows withdrawals in Payza as well as WebMoney accounts along with local bank transfer
• Several pricing tiers
• Free sign up
• Accepts payment methods through credit card, debit card, and PayPal
• Advanced security features and protection against fraud
• Customizable options for checkout
• Offers Mobile optimization
• Allows setting up of recurring billing
• High transaction/transference fees
• It charges a hefty setup fee
What do you think about my top online payment alternatives to PayPal? All payment options have their pros and cons. Most folks are rather hesitant to leave PayPal, due to compatibility issues. However, the payment gateway scenario is changing, with many other reliable options for payments available, as mentioned above. You could end up saving more money with the alternatives.
When considering what alternative to PayPal, some are suited for personal payments, whereas others are more suitable for e-commerce. If you want something similar to PayPal, I’d suggest Skrill. If you want the freedom of transactions in any country of your choice, 2Checkout is ideal.
Google Checkout is a great option to store cards, whereas Stripe is a favorite as far as e-commerce transactions are concerned. You can still continue to have PayPal as your backup choice, as it’s perfectly reasonable to assume that a good portion of the demographics has a PayPal account.
The right choice is crucial, as the wrong one can result in serious backlash to your conversion rates and your business sales. The bottom line is that you need to see what works best for your business and your customers.